Easter is next weekend – and it’s sure to be an Easter that we’ll remember. Because of Coronavirus, we’re unable to host big family dinners or be in close proximity with many of those we care about.
Is that going to stop us from having the best Easter weekend ever? NO WAY!
We’ve compiled a whole bunch of healthy Easter recipes, healthy (and healthy-ish) Easter treat ideas, non-candy Easter basket stuffers, and family activities you can do online.
Without further ado:
HEALTHY EASTER RECIPES:
Instead of serving guacamole with tortilla chips, try eating with carrot sticks, broccoli, celery, or home-baked pita chips.
Recipe Source – https://www.gimmesomeoven.com
Baked Pita Chips Appetizer
Recipe Source – https://www.spoonfulofflavor.com
Roasted Lemon Chicken
Recipe Source – https://thewholecook.com/
Rosemary Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Recipe Source – https://flavorthemoments.com/
Easy (and DILLICIOUS) Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Recipe Source – https://dinnerthendessert.com/
“Carrot Cake” – A Healthy-ish Dessert
Recipe Source – https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com
HEALTHY EASTER TREAT IDEAS
Easter Egg Smoothie Popsicles – https://onmykidsplate.com/easter-egg-smoothie-popsicles/
Recipe Source – https://onmykidsplate.com
Make Fruit Fun – Easter Fruit Kabobs – http://isshereally.com/home/easter-fruit-kabobs/
Recipe Source: http://isshereally.com
NON-CANDY EASTER BASKET IDEAS:
In addition to (or instead of) hiding individually wrapped easter chocolates… fill reusable plastic eggs with:
- Puzzle pieces – Buy 1 puzzle and put a single piece per egg. As the children find the eggs, they can also build a new puzzle. AND VOILA – you have at least 15 minutes of distracted children 🙂
- Lego pieces – same as above… but with a Lego toy.
- Goldfish Crackers or Cheddar Bunny Crackers
- Coins (.5c, .10c, .25c, etc,)
- Stickers or washable tattoos
- Hair clips
- Pencil toppers or erasers
- Grow toys (the ones you put in water)
- A single smartie/M&M/jelly bean (or any teeny piece of candy)
ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO ONLINE WITH FAMILY
- Video call each other on Zoom, Facetime, Google Duo, etc. – https://zoom.us/
- Play Bingo with family or friends over a video call (see above) – just print out your own bingo cards at home and download a free Bingo app!
- Play games with family online (note: some of these are NOT kid-friendly!) https://www.insider.com/online-games-activities-to-try-with-long-distance-friends-family-2020-3#scroll-through-instagram-memes-with-friends-by-using-the-apps-new-co-watching-feature-4
- Call your grandma… Call your grandpa… Call your aunt… Call the people who need to hear from you the most. Use the phone – tell people you miss them and that you’re grateful they’re around.
No matter what you end up doing this coming Easter weekend. Our team at Healthcare Evolution wishes you a happy (and healthy) holiday.
If you have questions about your health – get in touch!
– Dr. Dan